I don't talk enough about coffee, but I do love my lists. Here's the most roundabout way to tie those things together: the coffee book tag!
1. Black: Name a series that's tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
For me, it would be Game of Thrones. I read the first book and then a third of the second book, but then it just stopped holding my attention. I think the genre just isn't for me, but every time I tell anyone I've not read the books (or that I don't watch the show), they look at me like I'm missing out on the most important thing in the world.
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
For me, I feel like it's the first Harry Potter book. It just makes me feel warm and cheerful.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children's book?
I loved The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh as a child.
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. It's the most recent book I read that I just felt like I had to keep reading every time I had to put it down.
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
Lean In, which I feel like I should've read by now, and yet...
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.
I'm not sure how to define "indie author"... self-published authors? Authors who've published with independent presses?
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
I really wanted to like the conclusion of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, but that fifth book is dreadful.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
The end of the Harry Potter series. No spoilers, but if you're familiar with the series, you'll know why.